Sunday, October 29, 2006

Children are a gold mine!

Here is a website that will bring you to tears. It'll make you laugh so hard you are crying. If not you'll cry when you realize its not a joke!

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0203/childpurchase.html

Their slogan.... "We buy children"

Here is a christian group that is supposed to be strengthening families and instead it is tearing them apart. It sounds like their motive is to help families in financial trouble.....wow! thats fantastic. But if so then why would they take the child after doing so? How could someones elses child be an asset to a stranger? Do they need labour in manufactory? Maybe someone to bail hay in the fields? No.... I would suggest that they are doing their duty to God by indoctrinating children. As they say "when your child arrives they get their own bed and a bible"

I have many thoughts on this.

1. They are taking the responsibility and the privelege of raising children properly, from the parents.

2. A childs worth to his parents is far greater than the worth of that same child to another. Therefore, it is as if I were to sell my contact lens to someone who wants to see better. It will never have more value for someone else since it is a different perscription.

3. Is this comparable to the church encouraging adoption for teen mothers giving birth? I don't think it is. Firstly the family has not yet grown together and fused together. The child has not learned to grow and trust the parents. Also, adoption would give the child another family, not "a crib and a bible".

4. ......I've just read more. I'm starting to think that this url isn't even worth mentioning. Its sick. They talk about how they have worked out the worth of children according to the scriptures. Girls and Boys are worth different amounts and "coloured" are worth MUCH LESS! Unbelievable! The reason for this is (as they say) because "some races and sexes are of lesser value to God"

The prices range from $1150 US to $18000.

5. They blame the hard economic times which will lead to such heavy decisions on the part of the parents on Bill Clinton. If this is some sort shameless public support for the Republicans it failed. Everything in the reading that follows this statement would make a level minded reader tend away from an administration with such supporters. Not to say that being a republican is wrong (although south of the boarder I find myself sympathizing with the left more than up here) since one cant always chose ones supporters.

I would hope that people could talk about this website as a farce, even though it is not. I would hope that people would hear about it as a farce, so they would never want anything to do with it. Am I wrong in this? perhaps I'm missing something, but I will tell you that my heart sunk when I read it. I also know that if someone wants to keep their kids in America they can. My mom's family had 16 kids with no money, isolated in a northern Ontario community, with fewer social assistance programs than there are now, and they made things work.

Thats it for now. Read the article.


Eric

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that for real?

-ej