Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Simple Life

Who woud have ever thought that I would succomb to the simple(r) life? I do believe it has happened, though. A friend called me this week and asked, 'what's up' or new, at least. Of course I said, 'not much'. I thought about this. My calendar is full and I am usually tired - and what's up. Well, this is my life in between exercising 4-5 times a week, the calling, the kids, the dishes, the laundry. All too domestic for my liking but I have succombed. I've discovered that living in a mess stresses me out too much. Life goes along a lot smoother now - perhaps this is because Anders is finally sleeping through the night occasionally. I haven't lost as many pounds as I would expect given my trainer's intense need to punish SO - I am counting calories. Everything that enters my mouth is counted. I haven't gone out to eat yet - which will be interesting because who knows how many calories would be in the yummy sauces. If my goal caloric intake is 1200-1300, I'd probably have to starve all day in order to eat the yummy saucy dinner. It's been going really well the last 3 days - I've chosen yummy meals full of goodness and even had a couple homemade cookies after tallying the totals at the end of the day (of course I counted those calories, too) AND Eric and I have decided to be more fiscally responsible. Not only am I counting the calories, we're counting every dollar and cent. Let's hope that these experiments give results!

p.s. Sorry about the boring post but once again, this is my life - the simple(r) life.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey, there's nothing simple about counting calories and keeping track of ALL the receipts. Been there, doing that. It's taken me about 12 years to get Sheldon to consistantly give me all his receipts so I can track them on the computer, but he still slips up sometimes. A month ago, I flipped because he had about $400 worth of receipts he didn't give to me and I discovered this when balancing the chequebook against the bank statement...no fun I tell you.

Anyways, I hope you're using something like Microsoft Money to keep track. I used pencil and paper until just a few years ago. Oh, and we keep track of the cash in our wallets too! Even if I give a loonie for charity, I track it. I know, I know, I'm anal that way.

As for counting calories...I didn't starve myself when I knew I had to go out to eat that day. I just made sure I did a good workout to cover the calories that I would eat at the restaurant. I'd still try and choose something a little healthier from the menu though...and I tried not to finish their gigantic portions.

All in all, I wish you luck. I'm still tracking every cent we spend, but not every calorie that goes in my mouth. Needless to say, I've gained a good 5-10 pounds because of it. Good luck and remember, if you do falter on one day, just remember, you can start counting again tomorrow.