Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscars and the Glamorous Life

Lastnight, Angelina and JLW came over to watch the Oscars. I can't believe how late they run!!! Eeeks. The Gosling family were there - Mandi, mom (forget her name - oops), and Ryan. (Mandi - if you somehow read this blog, call me. It's been a long time since we've talked.) The girl hasn't called me back yet, so I am employing all methods of communication. Lastnight, we saw the glamorous. Today, while I spent 2 hours scrubbing and scraping my floors, I thought of this. My life didn't seem very glamorous this afternoon. Probably the opposite. My kids are always throwing food around so there were lots of remnants stuck to the floor - strawberry, cucumber, marker, and the gooey sticky bits that can no longer be traced to a specific food.

I talked to Eiryn last week. She thought it was interesting to note that a married mother of two young children is travelling to France with a girlfriend this Spring. It gave her hope that life does not end with marriage and children. I suppose we all have a hand in creating the life we live. I don't mind leaving my little ones with Dad and the Grandparents for a couple weeks. Eric has left me with the kids for a week nearly every month since Konrad's birth. BUT I have accepted many 'un-glamorous' changes in my life. That's okay, because it was my decision and who really wants to mess up your kids? I'd spend the rest of eternity hearing about it or feeling guilty about it. Besides, my window of opportunity is small - I am not pregnant or nursing a baby right now. Time to go to FRANCE!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad I didn't stay all night for the Oscars...lol. I barely made it to 11pm. So I guess I lost the pool on supporting actress, best director, and best movie. Oh well...I was going for an upset. But I did guess the right supporting actor winner though! And what was with Pan's Labrynth losing best foreign? Hmmm...maybe we should rent the German one when it comes out then.

And...watch out France...HERE WE COME!!!!

jenny jonk said...

i would like to be friends with the gosling family. :)

Anonymous said...

Yah, I totally missed the Oscars this year. I hate to admit that I usually watch them. I love to see what those people wear and say "What was she thinking???" So, I had to look online to see the clothes after the show the next day. So sad. so sad. Just don't tell anyone.. ok? Our little secret...