Monday, January 22, 2007

Do meat-eaters go to jail?

This is Konrad's question of the day. I made my boy a lovely wrap for lunch filled with ham, lettuce, tomato, cukes and cheese. He asked me if there was animal meat in his sandwich. "Yes." Konrad replied, "What kind of animal?" I told him, "pig". Of course I had to pick all of the meat out of his wrap. We then had the talk about omnivores and carnivores. People are omnivores because we eat both plants and meat. Konrad asked me, "Do meat-eaters go to jail?" I explained that people who eat meat and people who eat veggies go to jail - not because of what they eat but because they've broken a law. The verdict is - no. Meat-eaters don't go to jail.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I wonder where this kid gets this stuff? lol...he's very deep. I'm looking forward to the next "Konrad question of the day". I wonder what it could be. Perhaps how you can tell if the bird is a boy or a girl? hmmm...

jenjakob said...

We often have the conversation about where chicken's eggs come from or out of... I need to reassure Konrad that they do not come out of the chicken's bum.

D said...

That Chicken & Egg story is classic! The best part is that you have to keep reassuring him -- he must not be convinced.

jenjakob said...

he's totally not convinced. We have this conversation at the breakfast table usually and I always suggest looking at some kind of diagram after breakfast but I haven't done that yet. I'm not sure if that will improve or worsen the situation