Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Eric!



Eric turns 30 on Monday. Since I'm flying out on his birthday, we decided to celebrate it today. Although I didn't plan his Birthday BBQ in advance, lots of good friends made it out to our house for a good time. There was meat... and salads and cookies and mosquitos. Oh! - there was also the hockey game. We were all in the living room when the Ottawa Senators won the game, thereby winning the Eastern Conference. On they go to the Stanley Cup. Thanks to everyone who came out today - whether it was golfing or eating. It was reminiscent of last year's Canada Day BBQ. Last year, everyone watched the World Cup - this year it was hockey. The kids were remarkably well behaved - lots of little ones running in and out, playing soccer, riding bikes, eating hot dogs. I even got to hold Scott Wride for the first time ever. He fell asleep on me despite the children crawling on me and the shouts when the Senators won the game. He's sweet.

Congrats to Eric for living the first 30 years of your life. I've been there for... 8 1/2 of them - the best ones, right? I hope so. Happy Birthday! and there is more... I just can't divulge the rest of the birthday secrets yet.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sorry we couldn't make it to Eric's b-day. We were there in spirit. We watched the hockey game as a part of Connor's b-day party too. So in a way, we watched it together. Gotta go now before the ice-cream cake melts. The cake has a Senator's logo on it...very fitting.

D said...

Scott is the cutest. O my goodness. Happy birthday to Eric. It was great to come over and celebrate with y'all.