Tuesday, May 15, 2007

He's a Boy - and he's Four!




He's our boy - and he's four. His proper birth date is April 23, 2003. His entry into this world was difficult and he was a difficut baby as well. After he became a year old, things seemed to get easier and easier. He's energetic and intense but these are positive characteristics if we can have the patience it requires. Answering the fiftieth question before 7am is difficult some days. And don't think that these are siimple questions - these are scientific, philosophical questions. Anyhow - his birthday. I let Konrad decide what to eat for his 'birthday dinner' and he chose Daddy's lasagna. Daddy's lasagna has chopped broccoli, carrots, etc and meat. Konrad agreed that he wanted this meal despite the beef. Daddy wasn't there to make the lasagna but I tried my best to replicate the dish. Konrad helped me make fresh bread, lasagna and his chocolate birthday cake that day. He's a lovely boy. He's become a wonderful boy. I know... every child is special. But this is when I get to speak about my Konrad - it's his birthday. He loves math, numbers and learning about all sorts of things. He has everyone's age memorized in his 'filing cabinet brain'. We love him. He loves to keep his room tidy and he is the best big brother to Anders. We can't wait to see him learn and grow even more.

The Saturday following his birthday, we had a party for him at the MFRC. It was a joint party with a little boy named Lucas from his nursery school class. We had Tom from 'Reptiles Rock' come in and it was a great time. Yes, that's a tarantula on Konrad's hand and a boa constrictor on Eric. I've never held so many snakes in my life. Eric tried to smash the pinata but it just fell to the floor where ERic repeatedly beat it with a bat until it finally opened. That was the toughest pinata I've ever seen. Thanks to all the friends who made the day special.


4 comments:

D said...

what a cute little boy he is. I can't believe he's already 4. Does that mean we're all getting old?

jenjakob said...

yes.

ej said...

That first paragraph I imagined you teary eyed while typing. Ha ha. What can I say, you love your boy!

To anders taking a jab at the boa's eyeball: that's one way to get your ribs cracked.

happy birthday to the little man. I know I forgot, I'm a jerk, but in all fairness there are quite a few of them to keep track of now. But let that one know his auntie love love loves and misses his face. And she is coming up on 24, file that away.

Jessica said...

You do have a pretty cute 4 year old there. A smart one too. But I'll have to say I have a pretty cute and smart 11 year old and 8 year old...so beat that.

Hey D. Remember those competitive parents? Well...

Hey Jen...about 76 hours to go!!!!