Thursday, March 08, 2007

We're Healthy! - I Think.

I think we're healthy. Konrad hasn't had a fever all day today although he is tired. As for myself, I'm feeling much better. The doctor prescribed some sort of medication for a bacterial sinus infection (my head killed!). Firstly, the pills were huge. Once I saw how big they were, I called the pharmacy for a change. My parents can attest to the fact that I have always had trouble swallowing pills. Some of the most traumatic memories from childhood include ingesting medication. Methods my mother tried was ... mixing it with jam, mixing it in a strawberry milkshake. Any way you mix it, it's always gross. After having both my legs surgically broken and realigned, I stopped taking pain killers 7 days after the surgery. I think that my mother felt sorry for me when I couldn't sleep because it hurt so much. That surgery really was painful - I had morphine shots every couple hours for 3 or 5 days (I can't remember much from that time). That's how reluctant I was to take pills.

Back to the present - I returned to pick up my smaller pills later that same night. All was well until a couple hours later. I laid in bed with intense gastro pain and nausea. Apparently these pills have side effects. I'm coping. It's better than having a terrible headache.

We're on the mend.

1 comment:

ej said...

some things are so close but so far away, like biting the palm of your hand. His uncle is married to Shannon and Shawn's mum, his sister is friends with you... oh Ryan Gosling. Ha ha ha. I have yet to see the Notebook though, I think that would just ruin him for me. Minus the beard, no beard could ruin a man.