Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy Fool's Day!

I haven't updated for two whole weeks, I think. Not much happens, though. Eric's parents were in the Honduras. They had a great time - Klaus did some zip-lines that were super-long. Heather enjoyed being pain-free for the week. Eric's in Florida right now golfing. Nice for him. I'm here with the kids all weekend. We're starting to get bored. We have routine during the week but the weekend can be a little long. I'm glad that Tandice and Jessica came over Friday night. We're getting pretty excited about France. Speaking of France, Angelina is in Paris this weekend with Cecile Mines. An impromptu trip to paint Cecile's friend's new apartment in Paris. The perks of being an esthetician, I suppose. Reminding me, that Eric went winter camping last weekend in Val-des-Bois. They all had a great time and there was still lots of ice and snow for skiing around the lake. My biggest concern was their toilet situation. I don't want to go up there next month and find treats underfoot.

I just found out that 12,000 people wrote the exams for the foreign service recruitment. That's crazy. I can hope for the best but I have absolutely no expectations. I've been working with a new trainer the last couple of weeks. We're doing hour-long sessions and she is kickin' my body. Afterwards, I am sore for 2-3 days (but loving it). I meet wth her every Monday morning - I tried to do some push-ups Wed morning but my chest was still pretty sore so I gave up. My weight is still decreasing BUT I must remain vigilant. I need to keep calorie-counting just as a measure to ensure that I'm not overeating (or eating the wrong foods). Food can be very deceiving but yummy.

The kids are enjoying their swim classes. Dovercourt is a wonderful recreation facility. They are both enjoying playing outdoors again. There's only so much one can do in the wintertime. Now that the snow is gone, they can pretend to fish in the ditch, play basketball, ride their trikes, play hockey and golf. It's great. I'm loving it. I can't wait until I can start gardening.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I almost wish we didn't watch those travel videos on France because now two weeks doesn't seem long enough to see all the great things...and eat all the great food.