Monday, December 04, 2006

Of Toilets and Popcorn

Firstly - I don't think I'm going to get any Wicked pictures, so - here's the rundown. We all had a great time watching the fabulous show, then we ate great thai food (a first for Lisa). It was great to see family and friends and I think we may do this more often (not difficult since this was the first time). J LW had to hobble around a bit and I'm sure the car ride back to Ottawa was not easy but we made it.

Once back home, I woke up Thursday morning to a blocked-up toilet. Eric was on his way out for a trade show in Montreal lasting until Sunday night so he was not very helpful. I didn't even bother calling in a plumber because I wasn't home during for any length of time (We do have 2 other toilets in the house). Days go by, Eric comes back - we decide to call a plumber. He comes in and spends an hour trying to clear the toilet, takes the toilet off, shakes it around - everything. He tells us we'll have to get a new toilet. Who knew? He came back a day later to install the the new toilet. He smashed the old one to see what the stubborn block was and it was.... a cap for a baby bottle. It was never budging. I wouldn't have believed that one would have to buy new toilets because kids stick things in them but now I know. Now I know that kids have hidden costs.

A week ago, Eric and I went out to dinner and a movie with some friends. Eric was in Montreal but he sat down just in time to eat the steak medallions I'd ordered for him. Nice dinner, other than my friend, AR coughing up a fish bone. Eric got me a big popcorn at the movies (actually, it was a medium but it really was rather large). I enjoyed it for awhile then passed it to Eric or put it down - I can't remember. Later, I looked around for the popcorn to munch on it and it was gone. Not a trace. Someone took my popcorn and ate it. They must have. We looked in the entiresection - no big bag of popcorn. I thought this was pretty funny. Someone wanted popcorn so bad that they snatched it - ok with me because I had eaten my fill and there was LOTS left.

A week has passed since then but I honestly don't remember anything happening. We got cold weather finally. A little severe on Friday. The wind was crazy. We brought the kids to see the Nativity pageant with live animals and a creche display. Very nice. Christmas is around the corner!!!

4 comments:

D said...

This posting is hilarious. I can't believe somebody stole your popcorn. I've been tempted to do this kind of thing a few times, but I don't think I'd ever really follow through.

Anonymous said...

no more hobbling around for me...yeah!

J LW

ej said...

I've been on the tail end of stealing quite a few times and I now understand why people steal. Because they have had it done to them one too many times. Tell me what you want for Christmas now and I'll see if I can't nick one that someone's left unattended.


Oh, and my husband says that he wants my bedroom at mum and dad's just for the two of us over the holidays. Thanks.

ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Jen, re: toilets, One year, just before meagan's birthday party Braden flushed 3 balls down the toilet, I plunged it, out popped 1, the other 2 took a while to get out (didn't know they were in there, just knew it wouldn't flush). Imagine a house full of kids and toilet full of balls!